If you are considering braces, either for yourself or your child, you should be aware that there are different types available, all of which have certain pros and cons. If you are considering braces for yourself then you may be concerned about the way they look and regardless of who they are for, money is probably a factor.
There are many questions to be asked and answered when you are considering braces in Hinsdale. Let’s start with just the basics.
What is most important?
Before looking into the pros and cons of the various types of braces that are available it is always a good idea to prioritize those issues that are important to you
* Is the length of time they are on important?
* Is invisibility important?
* What’s more important, comfort or speed of treatment?
* How important is cost?
The ease of oral care is also an important issue, even more so if the braces are to be fitted to a child. Although wearing braces is basically pain free there is still some mild discomfort as the teeth are being repositioned, as some people are quite sensitive you will want to know what to expect in advance. Let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of the various types of braces I Hinsdale that are available.
* Traditional metal braces: The least expensive option but they are the most obvious.
* Ceramic braces: They are less noticeable than metal braces, the treatment time is about the same but they are more expensive.
* Lingual braces: These are fitted to the backside of the teeth; hence they are invisible. They are harder to keep clean, can irritate the tongue and are more expensive again.
* Invisible braces: These are made from clear plastic, they are invisible, can be removed to perform teeth cleaning and flossing and there is no restriction on what can be eaten. They are expensive, cannot be used for difficult cases and they are not suitable for young children.
With all the variables involved in choosing what braces in Hinsdale to opt for it is always best to rely on the advice of your orthodontist.
If your teeth are misaligned or you have a poor bite, there are many different types of braces in Hinsdale that you can choose from. For the best advice you are invited to talk to the professionals at Oakbrook Orthodontics. Visit them online at www.oakbrookortho.com/braces-orthodontist-hinsdale/