Everyone wants to have a beautiful set of teeth that offers them full function. Unfortunately, there are oral health concerns that can cause you to lose your teeth. When you have lost your teeth due to injury, gum disease, cavities or the aging process, it can cause many difficulties. You will most likely find it difficult to eat most foods or even be able to pronounce certain words. Most people who are dealing with tooth loss also feel self-conscious about their appearance. If you are missing your natural teeth, ask your dentist about Dentures in Geneva IL.
Today’s dentures are much more appealing than they were in the past. These denture sets are made specifically to fit in your mouth. This helps you to avoid issues with fit and allows you full function in chewing. If you are new to dentures, allow these tips to assist you.
1. You will need to have impressions made to create your dentures. Most dental offices are able to create dentures the same day, while others may have to send your impressions to a dental lab.
2. The dentist will make sure your dentures fit perfectly and do not slide around. Sliding dentures can make your gums sore and can create friction injuries.
3. In the beginning, your new dentures will feel foreign to your mouth. They may make your gums feel a little sore. As your gums begin to toughen, this discomfort will stop. You can control the discomfort by taking pain medications and using pain relieving gels.
4. It is important you wear your dentures as much as you can so you can grow accustomed to them. Your dentist may recommend you sleep in your dentures for the first few days of wearing them.
5. Keeping your dentures clean will help you to avoid mouth odors and will keep your new dentures working properly. Make sure you use denture products only.
If you are in need of Dentures in Geneva IL, contact Fox River Periodontics. They offer a wide variety of dental services, to keep your smile healthy, protect your teeth from loss and replace teeth you are missing. Call today for your appointment.