Having your teeth whitened by a laser may sound like a scary process, but in reality, this treatment is widely renowned and very safe. The process is very similar to using a standard tooth whitening kit. The only differences are that the whitening procedure is performed in a dentist’s office and it is much faster than using over-the-counter remedies; in fact, results are seen almost immediately. Here are a few things you need to know about this particular procedure:
1. The Procedure is Not Painful. However, there may be some sensitivity, especially in patients who have experienced oral sensitivity before. For this reason, you may be given some pain medication before and after the procedure.
2. All Cavities Must Be Filled Before the Process Can Begin. To avoid complications, your dentist will ensure that your teeth are in good health before the laser teeth whitening process is initiated.
3. This Procedure is not Recommended for Pregnant Women or Young Teenagers. Although it can be done with no complications, your dentist will likely advise that you hold off on scheduling a whitening appointment if you happen to fit one of these categories.
4. The Entire Process Takes Around 30 Minutes to Complete. Though in some cases it may take a little bit longer, this is by no means a long or arduous procedure. You will be in and out of the dentist’s chair within an hour.
5. Laser Teeth Whitening is not Permanent. Unfortunately, this is not the holy grail of teeth whitening. Staining can arise again as time passes, which might call for return visits several weeks down the line.
Having your teeth whitened with a laser doesn’t have to induce any anxiety or nervousness. The procedure is safe, effective, and painless. If you are considering a laser teeth whitening in Lawrence, KS, check out Thedentistsinlawrence.com. There, you can find additional information on this and many other dental services offered in the Lawrence area.