If you are considering cosmetic dentistry, it is important you understand the options available. The constant advancements made in technology have improved the ability of dentists to work with ease and skill to accomplish what were once difficult if not seemingly impossible tasks. The role of a cosmetic dentist in places such as Franklin remains, however, the same – to do their best to make their patients smile.
A cosmetic dentist is responsible for performing a variety of surgeries and procedures. These are usually referred to as cosmetic because they are not lifesaving but essentially aesthetic in nature. Cosmetic procedures nevertheless demand the skills of a specialist in this field. Some, in fact, specialize in a particular type of cosmetic dentistry. The focus could be on any of the more common or popular types including:
* Teeth Bleaching/Whitening: This is a very popular form of aesthetic dentistry. People who want to improve their smile can turn to over the counter kits, but the more effective treatments are those performed under the auspices of a cosmetic dentist. The professional grade of whitening material is applied either in an office or is part of an at-home tray
* Braces: Dentists have long employed Braces as a means of correcting imperfect teeth. Today, however, technology has resulted in the abandoning of older “steel cages” for lighter and more acceptable methods. A modern breakthrough has also resulted in the application of braces for adult teeth. What was once not even thought about as possible has become common practice
* Implants: The loss of a tooth affects a person’s appearance and confidence. An implant can help restore a smile
* Veneers: Sometimes whitening is ineffective in restoring the whiteness of your teeth. In such instances, veneers may be the answer. These will cover the teeth providing them with a new, clean and bright surface
* Dentures: Dentures are no longer as basic as they once were. Once, the simple removable type reigned. Today this has all changed. You can choose to have dental bridges or permanent types of dentures, changing forever the once common jokes about senior citizens and their dentures
Dental facilities, including cosmetic ones, commonly employed these procedures.
Contact a Cosmetic Dentist
If you need some dental work to improve your bite or your smile, you might need to talk to your dentist about cosmetic dentistry. In Franklin, the choice of who to consult will remain your own. It is very important you do the research. Always understand your options before you make your appointment with a qualified cosmetic dentist.