One of the biggest issues with moving is re-establishing care, whether that’s medical, behavioral or dental. So, have you just moved to Boston and now you’re looking for an implant dentist? Here are a few steps from Best Health Mag to aid you in your search:
1. Get Referrals. One great tip would be to ask your former dentist if she knows anyone in the area where you’ll soon move into. That way, even before you get settled into your new home, you can already contact your new dentist to set up an appointment. However, if this doesn’t work, then try asking your friends and family. Reach out to people in your network and ask for recommendations. They might not know someone directly but one of their contacts might. So don’t forget to ask them to ask their own networks about it. Another way is to browse through the yellow pages or search the internet for dental groups or clinics—offering dentistry implant services—that are specific to your location.
2. Location. If the referrals or online search worked, congratulations on finding a new dentist. Now, the next thing on the list is to check whether her location is ideal. Is it easy to swing by the dentist’s office on your way to or from work? Is it just a few blocks from your own address and would take no longer than a few minutes to half an hour to get there? That’s all ideal. However, if the location is too far out, you might want to consider going elsewhere. While experience counts a lot, if it’s just too inconvenient for you, you’ll feel the urge to move sooner or later.
3. Call. If the location works out, then call the dentist and schedule an appointment. Make sure to confirm the services they offer, just to check. You don’t want to have to go through the trouble only to find out their implant dentist left several weeks ago.
4. Visit. Was it easy to get there? Will you have trouble the next time you go? What about the clinic? Is it too small, too crowded with patients or just right? What about the staff? Are they courteous and friendly? Take note of these to help you decide if the clinic is right for you.
5. Consult. Finally, talk to the doctor. Ask about the dental implants you wanted. Does he listen to you? If you feel comfortable with him, then that’s great. That could be a fine start to a long relationship.
So there you have it, 5 steps to help you find an implant dentist. If you want to find one in the Boston area, contact us at Mayani Dental Group.
Looking for the services of an excellent implant dentist in Boston? We have you covered. Contact us at Mayani Dental Group today!