For those who need orthodontic treatment but do not want metal braces, Invisalign aligners are the obvious choice. Invisalign in Lincoln Park consists of a series of discrete, clear aligners that are worn for at least 22 hours every day. Every two weeks the dentist will provide the patient with a new aligner, over time the teeth will move to their new position.
There are a number of genuine benefits of the Invisalign system:
* Extremely discrete: It is hard not to notice traditional metal braces, for some people, especially adults, this can be a source of embarrassment. Because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, they can be worn with confidence that they will not be detected.
* Better oral care: It can be very difficult to maintain your teeth when they are fitted with non-removable metal braces. This is not the case with Invisalign, they can easily be removed allowing normal brushing and flossing.
* Eat what you want: Invisalign in Lincoln Park must be worn for at least 22 hours every day; this means they can be removed for up to two hours for eating. You can continue to enjoy all foods, including raw vegetables and sticky desserts. After eating, brush and floss as normal, this will remove any evidence of food which otherwise could be trapped between the aligner and your teeth.
* No pain or irritation: Metal wires and brackets are the cause of mouth sores and discomfort. Because Invisalign aligners are custom made from smooth plastic they fit comfortably with no pain.
* Fewer dental visits: Traditional braces require more intervention to ensure that they are tightened, not so with Invisalign. Although you will use a new aligner every two weeks you can space out dental appointments up to five or six weeks, far better for those who constantly have a busy schedule.
To top it all off, Invisalign in Lincoln Park is faster. It can easily take up to three years to realign and straighten teeth using traditional braces. The normal time to accomplish the same thing using Invisalign is rarely more than 18 months.
If your teeth are misaligned and crooked, there are many reasons why you should opt for Invisalign in Lincoln Park. To discuss Invisalign aligners in more detail you are invited to make an appointment with Dental Professionals of Lincoln Park.